Who Can Become a Member?
If you fall into any of the categories below you are eligible to become a member of FEDCOM Credit Union.
- Individuals who live, work, worship, or attend post-high school in Kent, Ottawa, Muskegon and Allegan Counties Michigan.
- Members of record as of May 9, 2003 – date of conversion to a community charter.
- Any person over the age of 55 who receives a retirement annuity, pension, social security, or similar retirement payment from private or government sources, and live in, or belongs to a retirement organization located in the county or in a county contiguous to the county where the credit union's main office is located.
- Employees of this credit union.
- Members of the immediate families of the foregoing.
- Organizations, incorporated or otherwise, composed for the most part of the same general group making up the membership outlined above.
- A spouse of a deceased member is elected to membership prior to remarriage.
- Join FEDCOM Credit Union Today!
A subscribing member shall not be eligible to vote or hold office until one fully paid share ($5.00) is owned and kept on deposit with FEDCOM CU.
In order to open an account, add a signer or make a loan, Federal Law (USA Patriot Act of 2001*) now requires us to obtain and retain information for identity verification purposes.
*The Uniting and Strengthening American by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism (USA PATRIOT) Act of 2001 requires financial institutions to take steps to obtain and verify certain identifying information for any person opening an account; maintain records of the information used to verify the person's identity; and determine whether the person appears on any list of suspected terrorists provided by the Federal government.